Options Strategy Builders
With Options Strategy Builders from OIC and Cboe Vest Technologies, you can learn how some of the most common options strategies work. By using actual closing option prices from the previous day, you will be able to run tests on different scenarios and see the results immediately. Just bring your ideas and a desire to learn, and the strategy builders will do the rest.
How to build a strategy:
- Go to the "Select Strategy" drop-down menu and choose one of the strategies that's listed.
- In the "Type to search" box, enter the symbol or name of a stock or ETF.
- Set the expiration date you want by sliding or clicking on the bar in the Strategy duration section.
- Click the "Build … Strategy" button to display your potential results.
- When the chart appears, you'll see default levels, but you can experiment by dragging the icon(s) with the strike price(s) up or down.
- For more details on your strategy, click the "SHOW OPTION POSITIONS" button below the price and income information or the "HOW IT WORKS" button on the chart.
Need more information on the Options Strategy Builders? We have got you covered. Visit the User Guide for more information on how to use the tool.
Note:The strategy builders' default settings are for illustration only and should not be considered recommendations to buy or sell any security.